[comp.lang.fortran] PC Fortran Graphics

sun@me.utoronto.ca (Andy Sun Anu-guest) (12/30/89)

Does anybody know if the latest version of Microsoft Fortran supports
graphics functions or not? I heard from somebody that it does but I
hope someone more knowledgable out there can verify this for me.

A more general question: Does anybody know of ANY PC Fortran compiler
that includes a graphics library interface?

Thanks in advance.

Andy

Andy Sun                        | Internet: sun@me.utoronto.ca
University of Toronto, Canada   | UUCP    : csri.toronto.edu!me.utoronto.ca!sun
Dept. of Mechanical Engineering | BITNET  : sun@me.utoronto.BITNET

silvert@cs.dal.ca (Bill Silvert) (12/30/89)

In article <1989Dec29.211941.17873@me.toronto.edu> sun@me.utoronto.ca writes:
>Does anybody know if the latest version of Microsoft Fortran supports
>graphics functions or not? I heard from somebody that it does but I
>hope someone more knowledgable out there can verify this for me.

Yes, MS 5.0 supports graphics.  Basically it is the same graphics
package as that with MS C 5.0, and I was able to translate my C graphics
into Fortran graphics quite easily.  MS 5.0 supports a record structure
the same as a C structure, which is used by the graphics library.  So if
you can do it in MS C, you can do it with MS Fortran.

--
Bill Silvert, Habitat Ecology Division.
Bedford Institute of Oceanography, Dartmouth, NS, Canada B2Y 4A2

steve@pmday_2.Dayton.NCR.COM (Steve Bridges) (12/30/89)

In article <1989Dec29.211941.17873@me.toronto.edu> sun@me.utoronto.ca writes:
>Does anybody know if the latest version of Microsoft Fortran supports
>graphics functions or not? I heard from somebody that it does but I
>hope someone more knowledgable out there can verify this for me.

I got my copy of MS-Fortran 5.0 a couple of months ago.  It does include
graphics functions, and has quite a few sample programs to demostrate
it's capabilities.

--
Steve Bridges                    | NCR - USDPG Product Marketing and Support OLS
Steve.Bridges@Dayton.NCR.COM     | Phone:(513)-445-4182 622-4182 (Voice Plus)