[comp.lang.fortran] Clear screent in 4.1

moshkovi@us30.ecn.purdue.edu (Gennady Moshkovich) (05/29/90)

Hi, folks !
Does anybody know how to clear display screen in fortarn 4.1
Thanx  --Gene--

sun@me.utoronto.ca (Andy Sun Anu-guest) (05/30/90)

In article <1990May29.162533.7284@ecn.purdue.edu> moshkovi@us30.ecn.purdue.edu (Gennady Moshkovich) writes:
>Hi, folks !
>Does anybody know how to clear display screen in fortarn 4.1
>Thanx  --Gene--

This is not a good way to do it but it can clear the screen alright:

      write (*,'(bn,a1,a3)') char(27),'[2J'

The good thing is it is independent of which compiler you use. The bad is
it is dependent on ANSI.SYS. If you don't have device=ansi.sys, that
it won't work. I believe it (clear text screen) can be done by assembly
and interface it with Fortran, but I do not know how to.

Andy