[comp.lang.fortran] calling SYS$QIOW from VMS FORTRAN

grisanti@plains.UUCP (Ames Grisanti) (05/31/90)

Hello,

  Does anyone have any experience using the QIO system
services under VMS v4.7? I am trying to use SYS$QIOW to
collect data at a serial port. I am calling these routines
from fortran. Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.

thanks,

Ames Grisanti
[grisanti@plains.NoDak.edu      --         Internet]
[grisanti@plains or ndsuvax     --         Bitnet  ]
[uunet!plains!grisanti          --         UUCP    ]

fac2@dayton.saic.com (Earle Ake) (06/01/90)

In article <4932@plains.UUCP>, grisanti@plains.UUCP (Ames Grisanti) writes:
> Hello,
>
>   Does anyone have any experience using the QIO system
> services under VMS v4.7? I am trying to use SYS$QIOW to
> collect data at a serial port. I am calling these routines
> from fortran. Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.

I have used many system services including SYS$QIOW.  You can use them as a
subroutine or as a function.  The form:

	CALL SYS$QIOW(,,,,,)

will call the $QIOW routine.  If you want the status information returned,

	INTEGER SYS$QIOW, STATUS

	STATUS = SYS$QIOW(,,,,,)

Status should now have the return status in case or errors.  A success will
put the number 1 (SS$_NORMAL) into status.  Any questions please direct them
to me via e-mail.

             ____ ____    ___
Earle Ake   /___ /___/ / /     Science Applications International Corporation
           ____//   / / /__                 Dayton, Ohio
Internet: fac2%dayton.saic.com@uunet.uu.net    uucp: dayvb!fac2

rbt@cernvax.UUCP (roberto divia) (06/01/90)

Ames Grisanti (grisanti@plains.UUCP) asks examples of QIO calls from FORTRAN.
The directory SYS$EXAMPLES: should have more then one examples... Just do a
SEARCH SYS$EXAMPLES:*.FOR QIO and see...
--
|   Roberto Divia`      | Love at  first sight  is one of the greatest |
|   =============       | labor-saving devices the world has ever seen |