[comp.lang.fortran] Looking for addon routines for MS Fortran V5.0

jwhite@dtoa3.dt.navy.mil (White) (06/29/90)

Hello,
   This is the first time that I have posted a message on this
network, so if I do something wrong, please be gentle.

That said, I am looking for some routines to do the following things
that cannot be done in straight fortran using Microsoft Fortran
Ver 5.0 on an IBM PC/AT Clone. I would like it to be in assembly
language or C with the source code included (I would like to possibly
learn something).  I would prefer it to be freeware, or shareware,
but would possibly be interested in commercial routines.

I would like help &/or recommendations on routine to do the following:

1. Clear the screen and locate the cursor in the upper left corner of
the screen i.e. like DOS's CLS command.

2. Locate the cursor at any row,column on the screen i.e. like
BASIC's Locate command.

3. Change the color on the screen and allow blinking characters.

4. Save the contents of the screen (all or just a portion of it) in
an array and redisplay it later.

5. Change screen pages and display another page.

6. Windows on the screen.

7. routines to access the mouse.

8. a routine to make the speaker produce a tone, just a beep at a
minimum , but preferably a selected frequency and millisecond
duration.

I know that the first three things can be done using ANSI.SYS, but I
done use it and I would not like to force someone to modify their
computer setup to run my software.  I am not concerned about
portability to other systems.  If someone wanted to, I would be
flattered and only the user interface would have to be rewritten,
the rest would be standard fortran.  I would like to do this to allow
the user of fortran based programs to move into the 90's and have color.

Thanks in advance for any help
You can e-mail me the information and I will post a summary of any
				 Joe White
jwhite@dtoa3.dt.navy.mil(jwhite@130.46.1.4)
Standard disclaimers:
 1. the header lies, I'm really in Annapolis not Bethesda  MD.
 2. My thoughts and opinions are my own,not the Navy's

ttp@lanl.gov (T T Phillips) (07/12/90)

In article <2431@nems.dt.navy.mil>, jwhite@dtoa3.dt.navy.mil (White) writes:

> That said, I am looking for some routines to do the following things
> that cannot be done in straight fortran using Microsoft Fortran
> Ver 5.0 on an IBM PC/AT Clone. I would like it to be in assembly
> language or C with the source code included (I would like to possibly
> learn something).  I would prefer it to be freeware, or shareware,
> but would possibly be interested in commercial routines.

There is a very nice package of C utilities available on Simtel20
called CXL for Extended C-Language utilities.  I haven't actually used
them, but they cover almost all of the requirements that you list.
They are shareware, and I recall that the cost is quite reasonable.  I
don't recall the directory, but it could be pd1:<msdos.c>, or maybe
pd1:<msdos.turbo-c>.

Good luck.

Terry Phillips
Los Alamos National Laboratory