[comp.lang.fortran] Fortrastyle guide n

jwe@ut-emx.UUCP (John W. Eaton) (08/02/90)

In article <1782@ccadfa.adfa.oz.au> ghm@ccadfa.adfa.oz.au
(Geoff Miller) writes:

> ajayshah@aludra.usc.edu (Ajay Shah) writes:

>> ... and wrote something like 10k lines of fortran within those
>> three months.  You can say I know fortran intimately.

> You might.  I wouldn't.  I've spent much of the past fourteen years writing
> and debugging FORTRAN and I wouldn't make that claim.

Neither would I.  I used to think I knew Fortran fairly well, but I
have since seen enough tricky examples to make me realize that I
really don't know as much as I thought.  It seems to me that this is
a much safer attitude to have, BTW.  (Oh no, now we're really headed
for the holy wars :-)

> I'm still not sure what you mean by "fortran-style-programmer".  If you have
> looked at any of the recent guides to FORTRAN style (such as the one
> David Levine put together late last year) you will see [...]

What is this, and where can I find a copy?

--
John Eaton
jwe@emx.utexas.edu