[comp.lang.fortran] PD PC Fortran?

quan@sol.surv.utas.oz (Stephen Quan) (09/10/90)

A software package here has some FORTRAN sources.  We have modified one part of
it, but cannot re-compile because we don't have a FORTRAN compiler.  Could
anyone suggest an FTP site, say, where I can get a Public Domain PC FORTRAN
compiler?

In the theme of this INCLUDE discussion, I would like to add, on our PRIME, we
use : $insert arc50>inserts>tinenv.cmn instead of any of the 'include'
variations, but then again it wasn't standard anyway, ...
Need to port to the SUN soon, so wish me luck, guys!

Stephen Quan (quan@sol.surv.utas.edu.au)
Department of Surveying
University of Tasmania

staff@cadlab.sublink.ORG (Alex Martelli) (09/12/90)

quan@sol.surv.utas.oz (Stephen Quan) writes:

>A software package here has some FORTRAN sources.  We have modified one part of
>it, but cannot re-compile because we don't have a FORTRAN compiler.  Could
>anyone suggest an FTP site, say, where I can get a Public Domain PC FORTRAN
>compiler?

From netlib@research.att.com you can get f2c, a good fortran to C
converter, f77-like; and its run-time library, all in C source.
It's too large to run under MSDOS, but you can do the f -> c
conversion on another machine, and just use a C compiler on the
PC side.  Does a creditable job.

--
Alex Martelli - CAD.LAB s.p.a., v. Stalingrado 45, Bologna, Italia
Email: (work:) staff@cadlab.sublink.org, (home:) alex@am.sublink.org