[net.movies] Desparately Seeking Susan

chu@lasspvax.UUCP (Clare Chu) (04/20/85)

  See Desparately Seeking Susan, it's so-o funny!  Rosanna
  Arquette is such an airhead...by the way, I really like
  that jacket with the pyramid on it that causes the whole
  confusion.  Madonna was great!

   Clare

steve@micomvax.UUCP (Steve Grice) (04/23/85)

In article <304@lasspvax.UUCP> chu@lasspvax.UUCP (Clare Chu) writes:

>  See Desparately Seeking Susan, it's so-o funny!  Rosanna
>  Arquette is such an airhead...by the way, I really like
>  that jacket with the pyramid on it that causes the whole
>  confusion.  Madonna was great!
>
>   Clare

A friend persuaded me to go and see this film. It resembled an extended
episode of Threes Company. The films' name is a misnomer, it should have
been called 'Desperately Seeking Stupidity'.

--

Steve Grice
philabs!micomvax!steve

lspirkov@udenva.UUCP (Goldilocks) (04/28/85)

In article <> steve@micomvax.UUCP (Steve Grice) writes:
>In article <304@lasspvax.UUCP> chu@lasspvax.UUCP (Clare Chu) writes:
>>
>>  See Desparately Seeking Susan, it's so-o funny!  Rosanna
>>  Arquette is such an airhead...by the way, I really like
>>  that jacket with the pyramid on it that causes the whole
>>  confusion.  Madonna was great!
>>
>>   Clare
>
>A friend persuaded me to go and see this film. It resembled an extended
>episode of Threes Company. The films' name is a misnomer, it should have
>been called 'Desperately Seeking Stupidity'.
>
>Steve Grice

when i went to see DSS, i was expecting it to be good (& for some reason,
i also thought it would be musical).  boy, was i disappointed!  the
2 hours just couldn't seem to end.  the movie ended before it had a
chance to begin.  Steve is giving it too much credit: Threes Company
is much funnier.

					Goldi

--

					Goldi

email:  udenva!lspirkov

markg@nvuxf.UUCP (M. Guzdial) (05/11/85)

 I disagree with the previous review made of "Susan" (I'd include the
 parts I disagreed with, but being new to Net postings, I'm unsure of
 the procedures.  Any suggestions on how to do this with 'vnews'?  THANKS!).

 I went to see "Susan" quite frankly because of the publicity it received
 due to Madonna's role.  I was quite pleasantly surprised at how enjoyable
 the film was on-the-whole.  Sure, the plot was trite, but the performances
 were reasonable, the location shots were interesting (in terms of contrast
 with "normal" life, I thought some of the shots were up there with
 "Liquid Sky"), and the tale as a whole was "heart-warming" but not
 syrupy.  I mean, how "syrupy" can a movie be if it does allow its
 heroine to indulge in extra-marital affairs, and still be heroic?

 Mark Guzdial
 {ihnp4, houxm}!nvuxf!markg
 (201) 949-5471