[comp.lang.fortran] Ditto: looking for good FORTRAN 77 books

nielsb@cs.tamu.edu (Niels Bauer) (10/24/90)

Maianne King writes:

> I'm starting to program in FORTRAN 77 on a variety of Unix machines.
> My FORTRAN is a bit rusty and I'd like recommendations on some good
> FORTRAN books.

I too would like to hear your recommendations.  Right now I teach an
undergraduate FORTRAN class for non-computer science majors.  We use

"Understanding FORTRAN 77 with Structured Problem Solving", by
Michel Boillot.

While it is all right, there must be something better for this type of
class.  Any recommendations and experiences you have had with other
books for such a class would be appreciated.

I'll keep track of your responses on this group or email them directly
and I'll post the results.

Thanks,

Niels Bauer
Department of Computer Science