[comp.lang.fortran] semicolon

fxjcz@acad3.fai.alaska.edu (ZARLING JOHN C) (11/10/90)

Org       anization: University of Alaska Fairbanks
News-Software: VAX/VMS VNEWS 1.3-4

Fortran, the new language where you don't need to use semicolons.

demoel@ruunsa.fys.ruu.nl (Ed de_Moel) (11/11/90)

In <1990Nov10.014132.13255@hayes.ims.alaska.edu> fxjcz@acad3.fai.alaska.edu
(ZARLING JOHN C) writes:

>Org       anization: University of Alaska Fairbanks
>News-Software: VAX/VMS VNEWS 1.3-4

>Fortran, the new language where you don't need to use semicolons.

Now, wait until we see:

> FORTRAN, the new language where you don't need to use spaces...
> FORTRAN, the new language where indentation is for the birds...
> FORTRAN, the new language, where writing code that is readable
>          to humans, is not forbidden, but hardly ever written...

etc. etc. etc.

How about:

Forth, the new language in which anything new is soon to be discovered...

ed

c0037544@cc.nu.oz.au (David Williams) (11/14/90)

> Org       anization: University of Alaska Fairbanks
> News-Software: VAX/VMS VNEWS 1.3-4
>
> Fortran, the new language where you don't need to use semicolons.

FORTRAN, the language that is so old, it was around before lower case letters.

| David Williams       | University of Newcastle 		              |
| c0037544@cc.nu.oz.au | Department of Computer Science  (Undergrad)	      |
|   "The decision of Random Numbers is too important to be left to chance !"  |

vbr@sgi.com (Veeleen Roufchaie) (12/11/90)

I am trying to do my I/O in "C" instead of FORTRAN. In one case,
in the fortran formatted "write" statement, there are
four 3D arrays of complex type. I will appreciate someone's
input as to how this would be handled. In particular, I will need
to know how the array of complex numbers should be passed to the
called "C" routine and how the "C" routine would handle the arguments.

--
Vee Roufchaie, ASD Tech Marketing, X-3503
vbr@asd.sgi.com