[comp.lang.fortran] C vs. Fortran: I don't care

rfinch@caldwr.water.ca.gov (Ralph Finch) (12/13/90)

In article <2005@mts.ucs.UAlberta.CA> userAKDU@mts.ucs.UAlberta.CA (Al Dunbar) writes:
>Why not start up comp.lang.c.vs.ftn
>for those topics of interest to readers of .c and .fortran?

Right on.

To all the people who are trying to convince me to learn and use C:

I appreciate your concern.  But, for whatever reasons, I program a lot
in Fortran.  I read comp.lang.fortran to learn about Fortran, not
other languages.  I do not post stuff to comp.lang.c to convince you
to program in Fortran or Basic or whatever because the comp.lang groups
are for discussions on that particular language, not to proselytize
converts.  So how about moving this somewhere else?

--
Ralph Finch			916-445-0088
rfinch@water.ca.gov		...ucbvax!ucdavis!caldwr!rfinch