[comp.lang.fortran] PD Tools for Fortran

ej@taylor.princeton.edu (Eric Jackson) (12/23/90)

Hi. I am looking for PD tools for Fortran. Examples of the
kind of programs/tools I am looking for include
 parser/syntax analyzer
 listing of subroutine names, variable names and reference
    locations
 lint-like program
 anything else
The only thing I have been able to find is the single-double
conversion programs on netlib. The software should be usable
on Sun3 or Silicon Graphics machines at least. Ideally,
should also be runnable on other unix machines (e.g., Cray
Unicos).

Please respond via email to ej@acm.princeton.edu. If there
is interest, I will summarize to the net.

Eric Jackson
Program in Applied & Computational Mathematics
Princeton University

trh@ukc.ac.uk (T.R.Hopkins) (12/31/90)

In article <4931@idunno.Princeton.EDU> ej@taylor.princeton.edu (Eric Jackson) writes:

>Hi. I am looking for PD tools for Fortran. Examples of the
>kind of programs/tools I am looking for include
> parser/syntax analyzer
> listing of subroutine names, variable names and reference
>    locations
> lint-like program
> anything else
>The only thing I have been able to find is the single-double
>conversion programs on netlib. The software should be usable
>on Sun3 or Silicon Graphics machines at least. Ideally,
>should also be runnable on other unix machines (e.g., Cray
>Unicos).
>
>Please respond via email to ej@acm.princeton.edu. If there
>is interest, I will summarize to the net.
>
>Eric Jackson
>Program in Applied & Computational Mathematics
>Princeton University

Toolpack has most of what you requested (including the anything else!)
It certainly runs on a sun 3 cos we have it here on one. I believe there
is a Cray Unicos version as well.

TOOLPACK may be obtained from
		   NAG Ltd,
		   Wilkinson House,
		   Jordan Hill Road,
		   Oxford, OX2 8DR, UK.

     This is public domain s/ware -- you just pay a distribution fee
     although if you pay a bit more (around Pounds UK 200) you can get a
     number of machine specific versions. This package contains a large
     number (50+) of Fortran tools including precision transformers,
     pretty printers, static verifiers, symbol table viewers, lexer and
     parser, etc .

 Tim