[comp.lang.fortran] INCLUDE 'FOO.FOR/list'

haozhou@acsu.buffalo.edu (Hao Zhou) (01/31/91)

I am porting some fortran source code from vax to unix. I have
multiple source files. Some of them are main/subroutine files which
are named as foo.f, etc and the others are data and common block files
named as COMM.FOR and so on.

The main program file main.f contains a line INCLUDE 'COMM.FOR/list'
where COMM.FOR is common block file. When I did f77 -c *.f, I came up
with 'COMM.FOR/list is missing'. What is meant by '/list' here. Can I
assume that 'COMM.FOR/list' is a list file generated by the fortran
compiler? How do I correct this on unix?

Thanks in advance.

	Hao

--
Internet:haozhou@acsu.buffalo.edu BITNET:haozhou%acsu.buffalo.edu@UBVM.BITNET
UUCP: rutgers!ub!haozhou

scavo@cie.uoregon.edu (Tom Scavo) (02/01/91)

In article <57063@eerie.acsu.Buffalo.EDU> haozhou@acsu.buffalo.edu (Hao Zhou) writes:
>The main program file main.f contains a line INCLUDE 'COMM.FOR/list'
>where COMM.FOR is common block file. When I did f77 -c *.f, I came up
>with 'COMM.FOR/list is missing'. What is meant by '/list' here. Can I
>assume that 'COMM.FOR/list' is a list file generated by the fortran
>compiler? How do I correct this on unix?

I believe /list is a VAX-VMS Fortran option which tells the
compiler to insert the text of the include file (here called
'COMM.FOR') into the list output file (by default, a '.LIS'
file under VMS).  Simply get rid of the /list option.  Oh,
and don't forget that Unix is case sensitive in its file
naming convention.

As an aside, included files are a pain under VMS since the
line numbers used by the compiler for error reporting are
subsequently all screwed up.  With or without /list.

Tom Scavo
scavo@cie.uoregon.edu