[comp.lang.fortran] Fortran compilers for DOS

marty@atmos.ogi.edu (Marty Shearer) (02/05/91)

I've been following the recent discussion on large arrays using the
Lehay fortran compiler.  Is anyone familiar with other compilers
for 386 computers which allow large arrays, e.g. Microway NDP Fortran?
Bugs, Ease of use, problems of any kind?  Thanks in advance,
		Marty Shearer
		marty@atmos.ogi.edu

mcdonald@aries.scs.uiuc.edu (Doug McDonald) (02/05/91)

In article <16912@ogicse.ogi.edu> marty@atmos.ogi.edu (Marty Shearer) writes:
>I've been following the recent discussion on large arrays using the
>Lehay fortran compiler.  Is anyone familiar with other compilers
>for 386 computers which allow large arrays, e.g. Microway NDP Fortran?
>Bugs, Ease of use, problems of any kind?  Thanks in advance,

I have the Microway Fortran and C. No bugs in the Fortran, works fine,
easy to use, does big arrays, fast. There are some bugs and non-
compliance in the version of C I have, which is not the latest.

Doug McDonald