[comp.lang.fortran] Renumbering?

maehoenen@kontu.utu.fi (Markku A. M{h|nen) (02/07/91)

Does anybody know if there is a program available to renumber FORTRAN
programs (like in BASIC's RENUM command)?

Markku
                                                 _ _
       /!    /!    /!    /!    /! Markku Antero Mahonen, University of Turku
     /  !  /  !  /__!  /  !  /  ! Space Research Laboratory,  SF-20520 TURKU
   /    !/    !/    !/    !/    !       Elm:mahonen@[kontu.]utu.fi

is@athena.cs.uga.edu (Bob Stearns) (02/09/91)

COSMIC, the software redistributor for NASA, has a program for this purpose
called (I think) TIDY. They can be reached for more information at
   Voice    (404)542-3265
   Internet service@cossack.cosmic.uga.edu

jot@fig12.cray.com (Otto Tennant) (02/09/91)

In article <1991Feb7.151415.37449@kontu.utu.fi> maehoenen@kontu.utu.fi (Markku A. M{h|nen) writes:

   Does anybody know if there is a program available to renumber FORTRAN
   programs (like in BASIC's RENUM command)?

TOOLPACK/1 (Release 2) provides a "polish" program which does that and
more.

kate@cgdisis.cgd.ucar.edu (Kate Hedstrom) (02/11/91)

> Does anybody know if there is a program available to renumber FORTRAN
> programs (like in BASIC's RENUM command)?

I use a perl script which was posted here some time ago.  It doesn't
get all legal Fortran right, but it does fine with most modern
Fortran.  I like it because it is short enough that you can see what
it is doing, and modify it if you want to change its behavior.

I can repost it if there is any interest, but you need to have perl on
your system to use it.

Kate Hedstrom
kate@ahab.rutgers.edu