[comp.lang.fortran] f2c

felton@eng3.UUCP (Ed Felton) (01/30/91)

   Where can I find f2c?   I have a severe need to compile some fortran code,
   but the boss says no to purchase of a fortran compiler!

  Many Thanks!!

--
Go Storm!

ilan343@violet.berkeley.edu (Geraldo Veiga) (02/01/91)

In article <1991Jan30.201136.23496@jwt.UUCP> john@jwt.UUCP (John Temples) writes:
>I found it on CompuServe in the UNIX forum.  It compiled and ran with
>no problems on my SVR3.2 system.  But the C code generated by f2c
>assumes you have the FORTRAN libraries libF77.a and libI77.a.
>Without those, you can't link the C executable.  Does anyone know
>where those libraries can be obtained?

You can find ftp f2c from research.att.com (directory dist/f2c).
It is also availble through netlib  (send mail to
netlib@research.att.com )

There are sources for libF77.a and libI77.a.  I have the latest version
running under Unix/386, it compiles with very few changes to the
Makefile.

thad@public.BTR.COM (Thaddeus P. Floryan) (02/11/91)

In article <725@eng3.UUCP> felton@eng3.sci.com (Ed Felton) writes:

>   Where can I find f2c?   I have a severe need to compile some fortran code,
>   but the boss says no to purchase of a fortran compiler!

It's available at research.att.com [IP 192.20.225.2] in pub/dist/f2c
Be SURE to get the libf77 and libi77 items, too!  :-)

Thad Floryan [ thad@btr.com (OR) {decwrl, mips, fernwood}!btr!thad ]