[comp.lang.fortran] Fortran Conversion

lt1g+@andrew.cmu.edu (Luke David Tuttle) (02/06/91)

I am trying to make a fortran to c conversion, but f2c does not allow a
few fortran commands.  The command ACCEPT <variable> and the conditional
statements ON DOUBLE PRESION OVERFLOW <some action> are not accepted
by f2c.  Does someone doing f2c conversions know of some fortran
commands I could substitute.  I think the original code was run on a
hp8000....

Luke Tuttle
lt1g@andrew.cmu.edu

userAKDU@mts.ucs.UAlberta.CA (Al Dunbar) (02/13/91)

In article <4bg1CFC00Uh_018WxN@andrew.cmu.edu>, lt1g+@andrew.cmu.edu (Luke David Tuttle) writes:
>I am trying to make a fortran to c conversion, but f2c does not allow a
>few fortran commands.  The command ACCEPT <variable> and the conditional
>statements ON DOUBLE PRESION OVERFLOW <some action> are not accepted
>by f2c.

Many Fortran compilers do not allow the "ACCEPT" and "ON etc"
commands either. The reason: these are not Fortran statements.

>         Does someone doing f2c conversions know of some fortran
>commands I could substitute.  I think the original code was run on a
>hp8000....

You will probably have to rewrite your code in Fortran first. Try
substituting READ for ACCEPT, and hoping that no double precision
overflow will occur. If you can't live with that, check that the
values to be used in expressions that might overflow are within
reasonable bounds

 Al Dunbar          |
 Edmonton, Alberta  |  Disclaimer: "I disclaim disclaimers"
 CANADA             |