[comp.lang.fortran] Latest Version?

jwstuart@ecst.csuchico.edu (Jesse William Leo Stuart) (04/21/91)

	I have seen many references to FORTRAN 4, 77, 90, etc... which is the
latest version?

Jess Stuart
@CSUC Chico

wangh@beasley.CS.ORST.EDU (Haiyan Wang) (04/21/91)

In article <1991Apr21.081312.10676@ecst.csuchico.edu> jwstuart@ecst.csuchico.edu (Jesse William Leo Stuart) writes:

>	I have seen many references to FORTRAN 4, 77, 90, etc... which is the
>latest version?

Take the biggest number. FORTRAN 90.

>Jess Stuart
>@CSUC Chico

Haiyan Wang
wangh@ucs.orst.edu

vsnyder@jato.jpl.nasa.gov (Van Snyder) (04/22/91)

In article <1991Apr21.142808.16236@lynx.CS.ORST.EDU> wangh@beasley.CS.ORST.EDU (Haiyan Wang) writes:
>In article <1991Apr21.081312.10676@ecst.csuchico.edu> jwstuart@ecst.csuchico.edu (Jesse William Leo Stuart) writes:
>>
>>	I have seen many references to FORTRAN 4, 77, 90, etc... which is the
>>latest version?
>>

>Take the biggest number. FORTRAN 90.
>
>>Jess Stuart
>>@CSUC Chico
>
>Haiyan Wang
>wangh@ucs.orst.edu

Not yet.  Fortran 77 is the latest STANDARD version.  Fortran 90 is still
undergoing standardization.  There aren't any complete compilers for
Fortran 90, as it presently stands, but most compiler vendors have large
subsets going.

--
vsnyder@jato.Jpl.Nasa.Gov
ames!elroy!jato!vsnyder

chidsey@smoke.brl.mil (Irving Chidsey) (04/22/91)

In article <1991Apr21.142808.16236@lynx.CS.ORST.EDU> wangh@beasley.CS.ORST.EDU (Haiyan Wang) writes:
<>
<
<Take the biggest number. FORTRAN 90.
<
<>Jess Stuart
<>@CSUC Chico
<
<Haiyan Wang
<wangh@ucs.orst.edu

	But is it 'available' yet?

					Irv

--
I do not have signature authority.  I am not authorized to sign anything.
I am not authorized to commit the BRL, the DA, the DOD, or the US Government