[comp.lang.fortran] DES encryption

00156811@ysub.ysu.edu (04/26/91)

HELP!!!!!

I need a source for the DES encryption routine using full DES cipher feedback
mode of operation.  It should have the capability of single or dual keys,
dual keys means you can have a master key for the installer and if the user
forgets the password, the installer could retreive the data using the master
password (key).  It should also have the capability of compressing the data
as it encrypts the file.

             Thanks
             Robert R. Dell

buckland@cheddar.ucs.ubc.ca (Tony Buckland) (04/27/91)

In article <91115.18385400156811@ysub.ysu.edu> 00156811@ysub.ysu.edu writes:
>I need a source for the DES encryption routine using full DES cipher feedback
>mode of operation.

 Please note that this group extends beyond U.S. boundaries, so
 any followup should be governed by U.S. regulations on export of
 encryption methods.

rodney@tyrell.stgt.sub.org (Rodney Volz) (05/02/91)

In article <1991Apr26.200513.1844@unixg.ubc.ca> buckland@cheddar.ucs.ubc.ca (Tony Buckland) writes:
>In article <91115.18385400156811@ysub.ysu.edu> 00156811@ysub.ysu.edu writes:
>>I need a source for the DES encryption routine using full DES cipher feedback
>
> Please note that this group extends beyond U.S. boundaries, so
> any followup should be governed by U.S. regulations on export of
> encryption methods.

What about GNU login, which is available in other countries as well?
When exactly do the export restrictions apply?

Are the U.S. Government regulations concerning DES or simillar
algorithms still considered?

-Rodney
--
                     Rodney Volz - 7000 Stuttgart 1 - FRG