[comp.lang.fortran] Nifty Routines Anywhere?

slynchhj@cc.curtin.edu.au (05/07/91)

I've just started programming in fortran and I'm thinking about building
a collection of useful routines. Is there an FTP site that holds a collection
of nifty Fortran routines? The one at simtel-20 is rather small. Does anybody
have some nice ones they'd like to send me? I'll collect almost anything..

   Stats
   Fourier
   Curve Fitting
   Plotting
   etc...

Any Replies will be greatly appreciated

Huw

kanala@sc2a.unige.ch (05/08/91)

 slynchhj@cc.curtin.edu.au writes:

> I've just started programming in fortran and I'm thinking about building
> a collection of useful routines. Is there an FTP site that holds a collection
> of nifty Fortran routines? The one at simtel-20 is rather small. Does anybody
> have some nice ones they'd like to send me? I'll collect almost anything..

There is a freeware archive "statlibd@temper.stat.cmu.edu" where you can send
a message (E-mail) like this: send 27 from apstat. 27 is upper tail area under
Student's t. There are hundreds of subroutines, some are well written, but all
are free.
In Japan, portions can be obtained from statlib@math.keio.ac.jp,
in Australia, from ACSnet, local index can be obtained by fetchfile
-ddmssyd.dms.oz S/index.
Roman Kanala, CUEPE, University of Geneva, Switzerland, kanala@sc2a.unige.ch