[comp.lang.fortran] VAX F77 to MIPS F77

schan@minnie.cs.su.OZ.AU (Stephen Chan) (05/09/91)

I have a task of converting a software package from a VAX over to a MIPS.
The source is written in fortran.  Can anyone tell me how different are the two
fortran compilers.  Have I been set a difficult task ?

Stephen.

andreess@mrlaxs.mrl.uiuc.edu (Marc Andreessen) (05/09/91)

In article <2403@cluster.cs.su.oz.au> schan@basser.cs.su.OZ.AU (Stephen Chan) writes:
>I have a task of converting a software package from a VAX over to a MIPS.
>The source is written in fortran.  Can anyone tell me how different are the two
>fortran compilers.  Have I been set a difficult task ?

MIPS Fortran is very similar to VAX Fortran, so there should be few problems
(but be sure to use the -static flag with the MIPS compiler).

This is not the newsgroup for this; try comp.unix.ultrix or comp.sys.dec
or comp.os.vms.

Marc

--
Marc Andreessen___________University of Illinois Materials Research Laboratory