[comp.lang.fortran] Need FFT code for a PC

gwpoulos@athena.mit.edu (George W. Poulos (aka Cpt. Caveman)) (05/10/91)

I was just wondering if anyone out there has some ready-made code
which can do forward and inverse 1D FFT's where the number of samples
do NOT have to be a power of 2?  I'm trying to compile the sucker on a
PC using MS-Fortran.
If you have some code or know of the location of some, please send me
e-mail.  Thank you.
					gwpoulos@athena.mit.edu

--
George W. Poulos *Ad hoc, ad loc,   - Jeremy  *jiffy pop, nuclear
      aka	 *and quid pro quo.   Hillary *fission, i know

keinert@IASTATE.EDU (Keinert Fritz) (05/10/91)

In article <1991May10.072527.16614@athena.mit.edu>,
gwpoulos@athena.mit.edu (George W. Poulos (aka Cpt. Caveman)) writes:
> I was just wondering if anyone out there has some ready-made code
> which can do forward and inverse 1D FFT's where the number of samples
> do NOT have to be a power of 2?  I'm trying to compile the sucker on
> PC using MS-Fortran.

The standard source for numerical analysis programs (mostly in Fortran)
is NETLIB. There are two locations: netlib@research.att.com and
netlib@ornlgov.

Send a short e-mail message with only the line "send index" to one
of these addresses, and take it from there. In your case, you probably
want to get the FFTPKG subroutine library.

--
Fritz Keinert                             phone:  (515) 294-5128
Department of Mathematics                 fax:    (515) 294-5454