[comp.lang.fortran] Forchek for SGI?

silvert@cs.dal.ca (Bill Silvert) (05/11/91)

In article <6242@trantor.harris-atd.com> gbastin@x102c.ess.harris.com (Gary Bastin 60293) writes:

>I posted a series of articles about FORCHEK recently.  It probably
>comes closest to being a free 'lint for FORTRAN'.  The package, as
>archived, had a bug in the Turbo-C makefile.  I have had no problems
>porting FORCHEK to UNIX.

Although the PC version that Gary sent me runs OK on MS-DOS (except that
it doesn't recognize the Microsoft format for INCLUDE files), I haven't
been able to get it working on an SGI PI 4D/25.  Has anyone compiled it
on this platform?
--
William Silvert, Habitat Ecology Division, Bedford Inst. of Oceanography
P. O. Box 1006, Dartmouth, Nova Scotia, CANADA B2Y 4A2.  Tel. (902)426-1577

scfisher@oasys.dt.navy.mil (Fisher) (05/13/91)

In article <1991May10.202022.13392@cs.dal.ca> silvert%biome@cs.dal.ca writes:

>Although the PC version that Gary sent me runs OK on MS-DOS (except that
>it doesn't recognize the Microsoft format for INCLUDE files), I haven't
>been able to get it working on an SGI PI 4D/25.  Has anyone compiled it
>on this platform?

All I did to get it to compile on our SGIs was to type "make", and it
ran with no problems.

-steve