[comp.lang.fortran] Lahey and MS fortran

"P. D. Yapa" <pdy@sun.soe.clarkson.edu> (06/14/91)

From pdy  Fri Jun 14 13:10:39 1991
Date: Fri, 14 Jun 91 13:10:39 EDT
From: pdy (P. D. Yapa)
To: comp.lang.fortran
Subject: Re: Difference between Lahey Fortran and Microsoft Fortran

dlindsle@afit.af.mil (David T. Lindsley):
> I haven't worked with Lahey, but several people I know and trust have,
> amd they _all_ say it's better than MS Fortran.  (We're talking about
> the full-blown version.)

we use Lahey 32 bit version every day. It is expensive around
1000 $ if you buy from outside vendors, but it works well.
we run programs as large as 4 meg - no problems

MS fortran is OK I have both 4.1 and 5.0, but it can't do very
large program and slower in compiling.
On execution - one test model ran slightly ( 1 %) faster on
MS fortran.
Pooji
discalimer : I am not associated with Lahey or MS .