[net.movies] Second Blood

srt@ucla-cs.UUCP (05/26/85)

I won't comment on the overall quality of the movie (I'd rather read
Reiher's review to learn what my opinions are) but there are a number of
amusing production flubs.  I recall seeing three, but I can only remember
two of them:

(a) In a scene where Rambo is being hunted along a riverbank, there is a
girl in a bright blue dress in the background, walking through the river.
Perhaps she was part of the production crew?

(b) In between camera shots a rainy, wet day becomes sunlit and dry.  This
is so obvious that I am tempted to rationalize it away; it doesn't seem
like anyone could make this big a blunder.

    Scott R. Turner
    ARPA:  (now) srt@UCLA-LOCUS.ARPA  (soon) srt@LOCUS.UCLA.EDU
    UUCP:  ...!{cepu,ihnp4,trwspp,ucbvax}!ucla-cs!srt
    SPUDNET: ...eye%srt@russet.spud

ccs020@ucdavis.UUCP (Kevin Chu) (05/29/85)

> (a) In a scene where Rambo is being hunted along a riverbank, there is a
> girl in a bright blue dress in the background, walking through the river.
> Perhaps she was part of the production crew?

That was the girl who rescues Rambo.  (I forget her name)  She was dressed
as a hooker so she could get into the camp.

Kevin Chu
ucbvax!ucdavis!vega!ccs020

/ex

jla@usl.UUCP (Joe Arceneaux) (05/31/85)

In article <221@ucdavis.UUCP> ccs020@ucdavis.UUCP (Kevin Chu) writes:

>> (a) In a scene where Rambo is being hunted along a riverbank, there is a
>> girl in a bright blue dress in the background, walking through the river.
>> Perhaps she was part of the production crew?
>>
>That was the girl who rescues Rambo.  (I forget her name)  She was dressed
>as a hooker so she could get into the camp.

I don't think so.  The first hooker was dressed in blue, but the woman who
saved Rambo was in Red.  Also she was *with* Rambo, running with him through
the woods at this point, I believe.

Although a lot of the comments about this movie are accurate, let me add
a few notes.

This we're-better-than-the-Russians stuff is starting to get to me, and I
thought it was just a bit too strong in Rambo.  Although there were some
hokey moments in the script, you could see the positive effect of Stallone's
input, and as Sneak Previews said (can't get Roger and Gene here), Stallone's
presence does bring something to the picture.  ...I thought the micro love
scene was very good.  The action was VERY good.  Altogether, a very good
discount movie (I paid $2).

I thought the May 26 New York Times had a good discussion of this film and
it's impact to the veteran/Vietnam issue.

--
				    Joe Arceneaux

				    Lafayette, LA
				    {akgua, ut-sally}!usl!jla