Date: Wed, 19 Nov 86 16:05:44 EST
From: Robert Goldman <rpg%brown.csnet@RELAY.CS.NET>
Subject: C-Prolog 1.5.4 (?)

I wonder if anyone could take a moment to explain the
version system of C-Prolog to a neophyte.  I've just
taken on the task of installing and maintaining C-Prolog
(1.5) here at Brown, but I don't know what the second
significant digit of our distribution is (ie., what is
x in C-Prolog 1.5.x).  How does one tell?  The only clue
I can offer is that our manual is dated April '86.

By the way, has anyone on the list ported 1.5 to the
new HP AI workstations?

I appreciate your help and patience,

-- Robert Goldman

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 19 Nov 86 22:22:42 PST
From: Mike Newton <newton@vlsi.caltech.edu>
Subject: C-Prolog

When I made a large number of changes to C-Prolog, updating
our internal copies, I was unsure how to number them.  Our
base release (from Edinburgh) was 1.5, and I did not want to
use 1.6 (and therby conflict with their numberings), so I
decided to indicate that my 'release' was based on 1.5
and had my changes ('n' for newton) and then a sub-version
(1,2,3,4, now 5).

I only send tapes to people who have an Edinburgh license.
All changes that I have made so far have been done as 'free'
-- I send a tape for $25, but am happy for people to pass
them on to anyone that also has an Edinburgh license.  In
addition, I sent a 1.5n4 tape to Edinburgh (but have never
heard a reply from them).  The lastest patches were *very*
important, but I have not sent Edinburgh a copy (unless they
read this Digest).

It would be extremely nice if the two versions someday
converged.

Finally, if by 'HP AI workstations' you mean the 'Bobcat'
series, yes, my version does port to them.  Speed is not as
great as a Sun-3 because of the 16 bit bus, but I have heard
that there will soon be a version with a 32 bit bus.  Other
machines/OS's include sun-2, sun-3, IBM-370/AmdahlXXX
running UTS, sequents, encores, vaxen (4.2, 4.1, VMS) and one
or two others that I cannot remember.

Sincerely,

-- mike

------------------------------

Date: Thu 20 Nov 86 13:07:06-PST
From: Chuck Restivo  <Restivo@Score.Stanford.EDU>
Subject: Lauren Smith's Bibliography, Part Y

YAGH83a *
Yaghi A.A.G.
The Compilation Of A Functional Language Into Intensional
Logic Theory of Computation Report No 56
Dept of Computer Science, University of Warwick
December 1983

YAMA85a *
Yamamoto A. & Mitsui M. & Yoshida H. & Yokota M.
& Nakajima K.
The Program Characteristics in Logic Programming
Language ESP
in WADA86a, pp 204-213
1985

YAO82
Yao S.B. Waddle V.E. & Housel B.C.
View Modeling and Integration Using the Functional Data
Model
IEEE TOSE Vol SE-8 No.6 p544-553 ,Nov 1982

YASU83a *
Yasukawa H.
LFG in Prolog - Toward A Formal System for Representing
Grammatical Relations
ICOT Research Center, Technical Report TR-019
August 1983

YASU83b *
Yasuura H.
On The Parallel Computational Complexity of Unification
ICOT Research Center, Technical Report TR-027
October 1983

YASU84a *
Yasuhara H. & Nitadori K.
ORBIT: A Parallel Computing Model of Prolog
New Generation Computing, Vol 2, No 3, pp 277-288
1984

YAZD86a *
Yazdani M.
Intelligent Tutoring Systems Survey
Artificial Intelligence Review, 1, pp 43-52
1986

YOKOI83a
Yokoi T.
A Perspective of the Japanese FGCS Project
( Presented to IJCAI, F.R.G., 1983 )
ICOT Research Center, Technical Memorandum TM-0026
September 1983

YOKOM84a *
Yokomori T.
A Note on the Set Abstraction in Logic Programming
Language
( Also in "Proceedings of FGCS 84", Tokyo, 1984 )
ICOT Research Center, Technical Report TR-060
April 1984

YOKOT83a
Yokota H. & Kunifuji S. & Kakuta T. & Miyazaki N.
& Shibayama S. & Murakami K.
An Enhanced Inference Mechanism for Generating Relational
Algebra Queries
( Also in "Proceedings of Third ACM SIGACT-SIGMOD Symp. on
Principles of Database Systems", Waterloo, Canada, 1984 )
ICOT Research Center, Technical Report TR-026
October 1983

YOKOT84a
Yokota M. & Yamamoto A. & Taki K. & Nishikawa H.
& Uchida S.
The Design and Implementation of a Personal Sequential
Inference Machine: PSI
( Also in New Generation Computing, Vol 1, No 2, 1984 )
ICOT Research Center, Technical Report TR-045
February 1984

YOSH85a *
Yoshida H. & Kato H. & Sugimoto M.
Retrieval of Software Module Functions Using First-Order
Predicate
Logical Formulae
in WADA86a, pp 117-127
1985

YOUN86a *
Young S.J. & Proctor C.
UFL : An Experimental Frame Language Based on Abstract
Data Types
The Computer Journal, Vol 29, No 4, pp 340-347
1986

YU84a *
Yu Y-H.
Translating Horn Clauses From English
Artificial Intelligence Laboratory AI-TR-84-3
Computer Science Department TR-84-29
University of Texas at Austin
August 1984

End of PROLOG Digest