[net.movies] A New James Bond?

betsy@dartvax.UUCP (Betsy Hanes Perry) (06/03/85)

> From: jts (Jim Sasaki)
>
> > REVIEW OF "A VIEW TO A KILL"
> > ...  Who will be the next Bond?  Pierce Brosnan, Mel Gibson, and Ian Ogilvy
> > have been considered for the role, but who knows? ....
> >     (Charles Johnson, ir642@sdcc6.UUCP -- UCSD academic computer center)
>
> I'd find it amusing to have Ian Ogilvy as James Bond.  For those of you who
> don't know him, he played Simon Templar in "The New Adventures of the Saint".
>
> I've gotten used to Roger Moore as Bond, but it took me a while: when I first
> saw him my gut reaction was "He's not James Bond, he's the Saint!"

I dunno;  Roger Moore is much too blond and square-faced for the Saint,
who is well-known for his *black* hair and sparkling *blue* eyes.
Who does this remind you of?  Right, Pierce Brosnan!  He's much
too pretty for James Bond, but he'd be an ideal Saint.

For James Bond IV?   Gee.  Maybe we could resurrect Hoagy Carmichael,
for whom Bond is supposed to be a dead ringer.
--
Elizabeth Hanes Perry
UUCP: {decvax |ihnp4 | linus| cornell}!dartvax!betsy