[comp.lang.prolog] Prolog for HP-9000

koen@ucla-cs.UUCP (02/20/87)

I am looking for a Prolog programming environment (interpreter or compiler)
for the HP 9000 Series 520. Any pointers are welcome.
Thanks,

 -- Koenraad Lecot

ARPA: koen@cs.ucla.edu
UUCP: ...!{cepu,ihnp4,randvax,sdcrdcf,trwspp,ucbvax}!ucla-cs!koen
Phone: (213) 204-1503 (H) or (818) 500-5354 (W)
US Mail: 3732 Keystone Avenue #2, Los Angeles, CA 90034, USA

fritz@hpfclp.UUCP (02/23/87)

In case anyone else is interested, I sent Koenraad this reply:

> From fritz Mon Feb 23 09:21:04 1987
> To: hpfclp!hpfcla!ihnp4!ucla-cs!koen
> Subject: HP 9000 Prolog
>
> Hello,
>
> I saw your recent request in comp.lang.prolog.  The only Prolog programming
> environment I am aware of on the HP9000 Series 520 is provided by InterFace
> Computers GmbH in Germany.  I have not used it in some time, and am not
> aware of any recent improvements, but it was a very nice product when I
> used it several years ago.  It is written in C, and has very powerful hooks
> into C code -- including the ability to write predicates in C.  It has
> a very useful "window"-oriented debugger.  Unfortunately, it only provides
> an interpreter.  InterFace also sells a C-based interpreter/compiler for the
> Series 200/300 (680x0-based) machines.
>
> Their address is:
>
> 	InterFace Computer GmbH
> 	Oberfoehringer Strasse 24a
> 	D-8000 Muenchen 81
>
> 	Telephone:  +89/98 4444
>
> Hewlett-Packard also has a very powerful Prolog system that is tightly
> integrated with our Common Lisp environment.  This system runs on the
> Series 300 machines.  Please contact your local HP sales office for
> more information.
>
> Regards,
>
> Gary Fritz
> Hewlett-Packard
> Ft Collins, CO
> {ihnp4,hplabs}!hpfcla!fritz

Standard disclaimers apply; this is my own opinion, and does not reflect
the positions of Hewlett-Packard Company.  I am not associated in any way
with InterFace Computer GmbH, other than having visited them and used their
product several years ago.