Date: Sat 28 Feb 87 10:08:41-PST
From: Chuck Restivo  <Restivo@Sushi.Stanford.EDU>
Subject: Change in administration

[cwr]

The administration of the Digest has shifted from SCORE.STANFORD.EDU
to SUSHI.STANFORD.EDU .

Send requests for various forms of action to

        PROLOG-REQUEST@SUSHI.STANFORD.EDU

Submissions should be directed to

        PROLOG@SUSHI.STANFORD.EDU

Until I announce otherwise, send a CC of your note to me at

        RESTIVO@SUSHI.STANFORD.EDU

Many thanks to Mike Peeler for help with working out problems
with Digest transmission.

There have been problems with mail forwarding correctly.  If you
have tried to post anything in the past twelve days, retransmit
the message, please.

-- Chuck

------------------------------

Date: 18 Feb 87 21:11:58 GMT
From: allegra!lcuxlm!hhc@ucbvax.Berkeley.EDU
Subject: Specifying Allocation of Data Areas

How can I specify the allocation for the six internal data areas
(heap, global stack, local stack, trail, atom area, and the aux. stack)
in C-Prolog 1.5?

My version 1.4 manual says to do so on the command line.  For example:
        prolog -H 1000 -G 1000 -L 500 bigprogram
specifies heap and global stack allocations of 1000K and local stack
allocation of 500K.

Unfortunately, this doesn't work.  Does version 1.5 have a different
method?  Did it work in version 1.4?  Any help would be appreciated.

Harry H. Chefitz
AT&T Bell Labs
...ihnp4!lcuxld!hhc

------------------------------

Date: 20 Feb 87 03:40:23 GMT
From: rpics!wup@seismo.css.gov  (Peter Y.F. Wu)
Subject: Re: Specifying Allocation of Data Areas

For C-Prolog version 1.5
the command line arguments for options are in lower case...

   prolog [-a atom area] [-x aux area] ... etc

all sizes in decimal and KBytes.
For exact details, look into parms.c in the source code.

Peter Wu
wup@csv.rpi.edu

End of PROLOG Digest