[net.movies] Some very bad news indeed

moriarty@fluke.UUCP (The Napoleon of Crime) (05/28/85)

[Just when you thought it was safe to go into the ring...]

Just saw a preview this weekend for "Rocky IV".  Seems the big
galoot is going to take on a Russian (in the ad, the Russian explains
how beating Rocky Balboa will show the whole world how the
Soviet Union is superior to the U.S.  Guess we better scrap the MX
and invest in illiterate pugilists).

                "These are DARK TIMES for all mankind's HIGHEST VALUES!"
                "These are DARK TIMES for FREEDOM and PROSPERITY!"
                "These are GREAT TIMES to put your money on BAD GUY to kick
                 the CRAP out of MEGATON MAN!"

					Moriarty, aka Jeff Meyer
					John Fluke Mfg. Co., Inc.
UUCP:
 {cornell,decvax,ihnp4,sdcsvax,tektronix,utcsri}!uw-beaver \
    {allegra,gatech!sb1,hplabs!lbl-csam,decwrl!sun,ssc-vax} -- !fluke!moriarty
ARPA:
	fluke!moriarty@uw-beaver.ARPA

samuels@h-sc1.UUCP (ronald samuels) (05/29/85)

> [Just when you thought it was safe to go into the ring...]
>
> Just saw a preview this weekend for "Rocky IV".  Seems the big
> galoot is going to take on a Russian (in the ad, the Russian explains
> how beating Rocky Balboa will show the whole world how the
> Soviet Union is superior to the U.S.
> 					Moriarty, aka Jeff Meyer
> 					John Fluke Mfg. Co., Inc.

Just saw the new bond with three coming attractions ... Goonies, Rocky IV
and Mad Max III.  Most interesting part was the crowds reaction (usuall
vocal bond crowd).  Everyone slept through Goonies, cheering and yelling
all through MMIII and from the minute the theme music for Rockey IV started
the place errupted with boos and cat-calls.

Maybe, just maybe, enough people will stay away from this one so that
they never, ever make another Rockey.

--

Ron Samuels
Harvard University Science Center

...harvard!h-sc1!samuels (or better yet)  ...harvard!h-sc4!samuels_b

quint@topaz.ARPA (Amqueue) (05/31/85)

In article <661@vax2.fluke.UUCP> moriarty@fluke.UUCP (The Napoleon of Crime) writes:
>[Just when you thought it was safe to go into the ring...]
>
>Just saw a preview this weekend for "Rocky IV".  Seems the big
>galoot is going to take on a Russian (in the ad, the Russian explains
>how beating Rocky Balboa will show the whole world how the
>Soviet Union is superior to the U.S.  Guess we better scrap the MX

>>					Moriarty, aka Jeff Meyer
>					John Fluke Mfg. Co., Inc.

a small piece of information... apparently the actor who plays the
"big galoot" is the husband/SO of the black girl (Grace Jones?)
in A View To A Kill... a friend told me there was a spread in one of
porn magazines featuring both of them, which is wy Im not saying
"girlie magazine"... i dont know where it was. Supposedly sot by a
germa photographer, and very artsy.

catty comments here,
/amqueue

"May I have a 6-pack of mice and a saucer of cream... to go."

training@rtech.UUCP (Training account) (06/03/85)

> Just saw the new Bond with three coming attractions ... Goonies, Rocky IV
> and Mad Max III.  Most interesting part was the crowds reaction (usuall
> vocal bond crowd).  Everyone slept through Goonies, cheering and yelling
> all through MMIII and from the minute the theme music for Rockey IV started
> the place errupted with boos and cat-calls.
>
> Maybe, just maybe, enough people will stay away from this one so that
> they never, ever make another Rocky.

Dream on.  The same thing happened when I saw the preview in Berkeley,
but Berkeley and Cambridge tend to cater to a certain type of moviegoer...
the type of moviegoer who likes "Enormous Changes at the Last Minute" or
"Stranger Than Paradise".  "Rocky IV" won't be a hit in Berkeley
or Cambridge, but it'll be a HUGE success in Des Moines and Cleveland.

Robert Orenstein
Relational Technology

P.S.  Sorry if this sounds snobbish.  I don't mean it to.  In fact,
I'll probably see Rocky IV and enjoy it.

ughenry@sunybcs.UUCP (Henry Neeman) (06/04/85)

> In article <661@vax2.fluke.UUCP> moriarty@fluke.UUCP (The Napoleon of Crime) writes:
> >Just saw a preview this weekend for "Rocky IV".  Seems the big
> >galoot is going to take on a Russian (in the ad, the Russian explains
> >how beating Rocky Balboa will show the whole world how the
> >Soviet Union is superior to the U.S.  Guess we better scrap the MX
> >>					Moriarty, aka Jeff Meyer
> >					John Fluke Mfg. Co., Inc.
> a small piece of information... apparently the actor who plays the
> "big galoot" is the husband/SO of the black girl (Grace Jones?)
> in A View To A Kill... a friend told me there was a spread in one of
> porn magazines featuring both of them, which is wy Im not saying
> "girlie magazine"... i dont know where it was. Supposedly sot by a
> germa photographer, and very artsy.
>
> catty comments here,
> /amqueue

Where did you get *this*?  Stallone is just now in the process of getting
a divorce from his wife, SASHA STALLONE.  Your friend is full of it.

--

                     Henry J. Neeman (ughenry@buffalo)

Mail, mail, send me mail!

bd@peora.UUCP (Bernie Dougan) (06/04/85)

The guy who plays Stallone's Russian opponent in Rocky IV
is engaged to Grace Jones (of AVTAK fame).  They are in
a layout together in the July issue of Playboy.
--

     Bernie Dougan
     Perkin-Elmer Southern Development Center

quint@topaz.ARPA (Amqueue) (06/05/85)

In article <1756@sunybcs.UUCP> ughenry@sunybcs.UUCP (Henry Neeman) writes:
>> a small piece of information... apparently the actor who plays the
>> "big galoot" is the husband/SO of the black girl (Grace Jones?)
>> in A View To A Kill... a friend told me there was a spread in one of
>> porn magazines featuring both of them, which is wy Im not saying
>> "girlie magazine"... i dont know where it was. Supposedly sot by a
>> germa photographer, and very artsy.
>>
>> catty comments here,
>> /amqueue
>Where did you get *this*?  Stallone is just now in the process of getting
>a divorce from his wife, SASHA STALLONE.  Your friend is full of it.
>--
>                     Henry J. Neeman (ughenry@buffalo)

     I apologize for the confusion. I misread the original message, and
thought "big galoot" referred to the russian. I have been told that the
spread is in playboy, june or july.

sheepishly
/amqueue

baaaa

faigin@sdcrdcf.UUCP (Daniel Faigin) (06/05/85)

In article <1756@sunybcs.UUCP> ughenry@sunybcs.UUCP (Henry Neeman) writes:
>> ... <661@vax2.fluke.UUCP> moriarty@fluke.UUCP (...) writes:
>> a small piece of information... apparently the actor who plays the
>> "big galoot" is the husband/SO of the black girl (Grace Jones?)
>> in A View To A Kill... a friend told me there was a spread in one of
>> porn magazines featuring both of them, which is wy Im not saying

It is in this month's (or next month's) Playboy.

>Where did you get *this*?  Stallone is just now in the process of getting
>a divorce from his wife, SASHA STALLONE.  Your friend is full of it.

That may be. The "big galoot" he is talking about is the
"Russian" opponent.

Daniel
--
UUCP: {akgua allegra ihnp4 hplabs sdcsvax trwrb cbosgd}!sdcrdcf!faigin
ARPA: sdcrdcf!faigin@UCLA-LOCUS.ARPA --or-- sdcrdcf!faigin@LOCUS.UCLA.EDU

W: SDC, 2500 Colorado MD 52-46; Santa Monica CA 90406; (213) 820-4111 x6493
H: 11743 Darlington Avenue #9; Los Angeles CA 90049; (213) 826-3357

Don't have good ideas if you aren't willing to be responsible for them.
                                 -- A. J. Perlis, SIGPLAN 17:9 Sept 1982

ccs020@ucdavis.UUCP (Kevin Chu) (06/05/85)

> > >Just saw a preview this weekend for "Rocky IV".  Seems the big
> > >galoot is going to take on a Russian (in the ad, the Russian explains
> > >how beating Rocky Balboa will show the whole world how the
> > >Soviet Union is superior to the U.S.  Guess we better scrap the MX
> > >					John Fluke Mfg. Co., Inc.
> > a small piece of information... apparently the actor who plays the
> > "big galoot" is the husband/SO of the black girl (Grace Jones?)
> > in A View To A Kill... a friend told me there was a spread in one of
> > porn magazines featuring both of them, which is wy Im not saying
> > "girlie magazine"... i dont know where it was. Supposedly sot by a
> > germa photographer, and very artsy.
> >
> > catty comments here,
> > /amqueue
>
> Where did you get *this*?  Stallone is just now in the process of getting
> a divorce from his wife, SASHA STALLONE.  Your friend is full of it.
>
> --
>
>                      Henry J. Neeman (ughenry@buffalo)

You misunderstod the article.  The 'big galoot' is the Russian boxer.  He
and Grace Jones appear in this month's issue of _Playboy_.

/ex