[comp.lang.prolog] Information wanted on the Warren Abstract Machine

elvis@dutesta.UUCP (h) (09/11/87)

I am a student of the Technical University of Delft in Holland and I am
currently writing a report on the Warren Abstract Machine.

I am looking for recent literature on the following topics:

	- Warren Abstract and related machine
	- implementation of the Warren Abstract Machine
	- revision of the Warren Abstract Machine.

I have already read the article:
	Tutorial on the Warren Abstract Machine for Computational Logic
				by John Gabriel, e.a., June 1985.

I would appreciate any information.

							R. Tjon

		userid: "MCVAX!DUTESTA!ELVIS"@SEISMO.CSS.GOV

R. Tjon
Vakgroep Schakeltechniek, k 8.28
Faculty of Electrical Engineering
Mekelweg 4
Delft
The Netherlands

mohan@hplabsb.UUCP (Joseph Mohan) (09/14/87)

>	Tutorial on the Warren Abstract Machine for Computational Logic
>				by John Gabriel, e.a., June 1985.

Can someone give the full citation for this paper/report?
Thanks.
		Joe

mohan@hplabsb.UUCP (Joseph Mohan) (09/14/87)

By popular request, I am forwarding the mail from Paul Eggert giving
the full citation.  Thanks, Paul (my mailer could not find your host).
Also SRI's AI center does have copies of Warren's report (costs $10).
	Joe
----------------------
From eggert@grand.sm.unisys.com Tue Sep 15 15:52:18 1987
Date: Tue, 15 Sep 87 10:03:50 PDT
From: eggert@grand.sm.unisys.com (Paul Eggert)
To: hplabs!hplabsb!mohan@hplabs.HP.COM
Subject: Re: Information wanted on the Warren Abstract Machine
Newsgroups: comp.lang.prolog

John Gabriel, Tim Lindholm, E. L. Lusk, and R. A Overbeek
A tutorial on the Warren Abstract Machine for computational logic
Argonne National Laboratory Report ANL-84-84
June 1985

Warren's original SRI report gives the original straight scoop.
It's terse but I found it less confusing than the above tutorial.

David H. D. Warren
An abstract Prolog instruction set
SRI Technical Note 309
October 1983