[comp.lang.prolog] I don't understand "precised"

bimbart@kulcs.uucp (Bart Demoen) (03/16/88)

could the author of article 599 in comp.lang.prolog behave a bit more respectful
towards europeans who speak 3 or 4 (natural) languages but whose native
language is not english ? we are bound to make mistakes in english, but that's
no reason to sneer at us and by the way, it is not the first time he did so,
or do I need to remind you of the Boston conference in 1985, Mister O'Keefe ?

------------

those who have nothing to say, repeat themselves

ok@quintus.UUCP (Richard A. O'Keefe) (03/16/88)

In article <1196@kulcs.kulcs.uucp>, bimbart@kulcs.uucp (Bart Demoen) writes:
> could the author of article 599 in comp.lang.prolog behave a bit more respectful
> towards europeans who speak 3 or 4 (natural) languages but whose native
> language is not english ? we are bound to make mistakes in english, but that's
> no reason to sneer at us.

Before flaming me, might it not be an idea to ensure that I have done
something to deserve it?  I am well aware that my dialect of English is
not identical to British English nor yet to American, and I have seen
"precised" enough times that this time I thought it was a proper use of
English that I didn't happen to know.
Just because someone has a European name and is writing from Europe
doesn't mean that person isn't a native speaker of English:  the writer
could be American, for all I can tell to the contrary.

What I wrote was not ' "precised" isn't proper English ', but
	'I don't understand "precised"'.
That's what I wrote, and that, sir, is EXACTLY what I meant.
Well, not exactly, it was an indirect request for clarification.
If Demoen would care to say what it means, I would still like to know.