[comp.lang.prolog] BSI Prolog standard document

mohan@hplabsb.UUCP (Joseph Mohan) (04/03/88)

Where can I get a copy (hard or soft) of BSI Prolog standard?  I mean
the complete standard.  I saw the summary on the syntax by Chris Moss.
If you have a copy, will appreciate your lending it for copying.
	Joe

mohan@hplabs.hp.com
Joseph Mohan
Hewlett-Packard Laboratories
1501 Page Mill Road, 3U
Palo Alto,	CA 94304
(415) 857-7156 (work)

ok@quintus.UUCP (Richard A. O'Keefe) (04/05/88)

In article <54200006@hplabsb.UUCP>, mohan@hplabsb.UUCP (Joseph Mohan) writes:
> Where can I get a copy (hard or soft) of BSI Prolog standard?  I mean
> the complete standard.  I saw the summary on the syntax by Chris Moss.
> If you have a copy, will appreciate your lending it for copying.
> 	Joe

There is no such animal yet.

There are several documents:
	Draft 4 of the built-in-predicates (amazingly vague, for the
	most part, and there are at least two updates)

	Syntax (Actually, two syntaxes, one Lispish, and one Prologish)

	Modules (there is some interesting survey material, but I haven't
	seen a proposal yet)

	The Formal Specification

These documents do not yet agree with each other, and what is there is
incomplete.  I haven't seen anything resembling a testable specification
of write/1, for example.  (I mean a specification which could be used to
test whether an implementation conformed to it or not.  Yes, I have seen
the term input/output document.  No, it doesn't resemble a testable
specification.)

Anyone in the neighbourhood is welcome to borrow my copies, but you
might want to practise on H.P.Lovecraft first.