[net.movies] Clearing up Confusion about ROCKY IV stars' relationships

moriarty@fluke.UUCP (The Napoleon of Crime) (06/05/85)

In article <1756@sunybcs.UUCP> ughenry@sunybcs.UUCP (Henry Neeman) writes:
>> >Just saw a preview this weekend for "Rocky IV".  Seems the big
>> >galoot is going to take on a Russian
>>
>> a small piece of information... apparently the actor who plays the
>> "big galoot" is the husband/SO of the black girl (Grace Jones?)
>> in A View To A Kill...
>
>Where did you get *this*?  Stallone is just now in the process of getting
>a divorce from his wife, SASHA STALLONE.  Your friend is full of it.

No, no, Grace Jone's boyfriend is the fellow who plays the Russian in ROCKY
IV.  Wrong big galoot.

				"TRIVIA is my BUSINESS"

					Moriarty, aka Jeff Meyer
					John Fluke Mfg. Co., Inc.
UUCP:
 {cornell,decvax,ihnp4,sdcsvax,tektronix,utcsri}!uw-beaver \
    {allegra,gatech!sb1,hplabs!lbl-csam,decwrl!sun,ssc-vax} -- !fluke!moriarty
ARPA:
	fluke!moriarty@uw-beaver.ARPA

dimitrov@csd2.UUCP (Isaac Dimitrovsky) (06/08/85)

[]

At the theater where I watched A View To A Kill, the best part of the
entire show was *before* the movie, when they showed the preview for
Rocky IV. Yup, the one where the voiceover starts something like:
"Ei em feighter. Ei feight mehny feighters in Bratislava where ei em born.
Ei nevair lose. Now Ei come to Amerike to bit your Rocky Belboa" etc.
The entire audience, or at least me, broke into spontaneous cheers:

U! S! A!
U! S! A!
U! S! A!
U! S! A!

Isaac Dimitrovsky

mac@uvacs.UUCP (Alex Colvin) (06/14/85)

*** REPLACE THIS LINE WITH YOUR point ***

> At the theater where I watched A View To A Kill, the best part of the
> entire show was *before* the movie, when they showed the preview for
> Rocky IV.
>
> Isaac Dimitrovsky

Agreed.  How can a full length film live up to that trailer?  For that
matter, the best scene in Buckaroo Banzai was the trailer, a scene which
does not occur in the film.