[comp.lang.prolog] Prolog Libraries

vu0140@bingvaxu.cc.binghamton.edu (vu0140) (07/26/88)

Here is what I found out about Prolog libraries:

- There is one at Edinburgh.  It is available for 100 pounds.  Send to
  Natalie Honeyman at nh@aiai.edinburgh.ac.uk for information.  This is
  the DEC-10 Prolog Library.
- Supposedly there is one via an anonymous log-in to score.stanford.edu,
 but I have not been able to find anything resembling a Prolog library.
- Someone mentioned an anonymous log-in to arizona.edu.  A copy of SB-
  Prolog is available here.  As for a library, I haven't had the time
  to check it out.
- I have seen a reference to a Quintus Prolog File Library but have no
  idea how to reference it.

Sorry for what little information there is.  If anyone cares to augment
this please feel free to do so!

ok@quintus.uucp (Richard A. O'Keefe) (07/27/88)

In article <1323@bingvaxu.cc.binghamton.edu>
vu0140@bingvaxu.cc.binghamton.edu (vu0140) writes:
>Here is what I found out about Prolog libraries:
>- There is one at Edinburgh.  It is available for 100 pounds.  Send to
>  Natalie Honeyman at nh@aiai.edinburgh.ac.uk for information.  This is
>  the DEC-10 Prolog Library.

About half of it has been upgraded to "Edinburgh Prolog" (n'e NIP).
There are one or two additions.

>- Supposedly there is one via an anonymous log-in to score.stanford.edu,
> but I have not been able to find anything resembling a Prolog library.

There used to be a copy of the DEC-10 Prolog library and some additional
goodies there.  It hasn't been there for years now.  Anyone know where it
went?

>- I have seen a reference to a Quintus Prolog File Library but have no
>  idea how to reference it.

That's the Quintus Prolog Library.  It comes free with Quintus Prolog.
The Index of the latest version lists 838 exported predicates.  About
half of the old DEC-10 Prolog library is included: with fewer mistakes,
cleaner code, and greater speed (well sometimes).  It's actively maintained.
Some of it is even described in the manual.

As author of a good deal of the DEC-10 Prolog library, I would still be
interested in hearing about mistakes in it, additional things that people
would find useful, &c.