[comp.lang.prolog] Catalog of Prototype Prolog Applications

weyrich@ugacs.UUCP (Orville Weyrich) (11/22/88)

In article <3611@pt.cs.cmu.edu> spiro@a.gp.cs.cmu.edu (Spiro Michaylov) writes:

>I am looking for information about REAL application programs written in
>PROLOG. By "REAL" I mean that a PROLOG program is being used by somebody to
>solve a problem, rather than to ... prototype something that is currently
>being rewritten ...                 ^^^^^^^^^

I believe that PROTOTYPING is a respectable REAL WORLD ACTIVITY which should
be cataloged also.  I am also reminded of annectotes along the lines that
certain companies have commissioned AI code to be written for them by outside
agencies, and when the code was delivered (production or prototype), have
turned the code over to their DP department, which proceeded to rewrite the code
in COBOL, since that was what their job shop used.

Since I have an interest in rapid prototyping, I would be interested in seeing
a catalog of Prolog prototyping projects.  Interested enought to volunteer
to collect and distribute such a catalog.  Anyone who thinks that this
has merit or who has something to contribute, please respond to the address
in the signature below (please be contact me by snail mail if the email doesn't
work for you ... I'm not well connected).

Please use the same format as that proposed by Spiro Michaylov:

--
Orville R. Weyrich, Jr.          | UUCP    : ...gatech!ugacs!csun1!weyrich
Department of Computer Science   |