[comp.lang.prolog] PARLOG and FCP

lawyer@ida.org (Steve Lawyer) (12/21/88)

A coworker recently requested that i obtain copies of PARLOG and
FCP.  As i am uncertain of the origin of these systems, i was
wondering if anyone could provide me with any information on
what these systems are and where do i go to find out more about
them.
                                          thanks

INTERNET: lawyer@ida.org
UUCP:     ..!csed-1!lawyer

jlevy@arisia.Xerox.COM (Jacob Levy) (12/22/88)

In article <601@csed-1.IDA.ORG> lawyer@ida.org (Steve Lawyer) writes:
>A coworker recently requested that i obtain copies of PARLOG and
>FCP.  As i am uncertain of the origin of these systems, i was
>wondering if anyone could provide me with any information on
>what these systems are and where do i go to find out more about
>them.
>                                          thanks
>
>INTERNET: lawyer@ida.org
>UUCP:     ..!csed-1!lawyer

FCP is available from Weizmann Institute. Write to
logix@wisdom.bitnet for more information. See also the recent
two-volume book by Shapiro (MIT Press) "Concurrent Prolog -
Collected Papers". FCP is available for a wide range of
platforms, including Sun 2, 3 (4??), Vax, Pyramid, CCI, and
there's an experimental version on Intel iPSC hypercube.

PARLOG is available from Imperial College. Write to
gar@doc.ic.ac.uk for more information. See also Steve Gregory's
book on Programming in Parlog.

There's a mailing list for discussion of concurrent logic
programming languages and the evolving issues thereof, write to
clp-request.x@xerox.com to subscribe. The list is a direct
redistribution list. It is fully described in the list-of-lists
maintained by Rich Zellich.

--Jacob Levy

ke@otter.hpl.hp.com (Kave Eshghi) (12/23/88)

Parlog and FCP are both concurrent logic languages. You can get information
about Parlog by writing to Steve Gregory at Dept. of Computing, Imperial
College, London. You can get information about FCP by writing to Ehud Shapiro,
Weizman Institute, Israel.

Happy Digging