[comp.lang.prolog] Reference on control structures on Prolog?

yk@a.nl.cs.cmu.edu (Yasusi Kanada) (02/14/89)

I'm interested in ``conventional'' control structures on Prolog,
especially in iterative control structures such as do, mapcan,
and so on (Can you imagine?).  Do you know references
on them?  Constraints can be regarded as control structures, but I
don't mean them.  I think there are some interesting topics on
control structures on Prolog.  Don't you think so?

-Yasusi Kanada
 yk@a.nl.cs.cmu.edu
--

wang@wpi.wpi.edu (William S. Ang) (02/14/89)

In article <4264@pt.cs.cmu.edu> yk@a.nl.cs.cmu.edu (Yasusi Kanada) writes:
>I'm interested in ``conventional'' control structures on Prolog,
> --- deleted ---
>-Yasusi Kanada
> yk@a.nl.cs.cmu.edu
>--

See Section 8.3 "Transforming recursion into iteration" in
Art of Prolog by Shapiro, MIT Press. for  FOR..NEXT loop.

See Section 12.5 for failure-driven loops  aka  REPEAT...UNTIL

                               William Ang
                               wang@wpi.wpi.edu         CSNET
                               wang@wpi.BITNET          BITNET