[comp.lang.prolog] "Prolog for Programmers"

ok@aucsv.UUCP (Richard Okeefe) (03/28/89)

I was sent a copy of the Kluzniak & someone book "Prolog for
Programmers".  I have a number of comments on it, but in view
of the fact that the floppy disc in the front cover has been
the only Prolog system I've had access to for the last month
I just want to say thank-you.  (Well, the program is *agonisingly*
slow, but they did call it "TOY" after all.)

rshelby@ms.uky.edu (Richard Shelby) (04/04/89)

In article <190@aucsv.UUCP>, ok@aucsv.UUCP (Richard Okeefe) writes:
> I was sent a copy of the Kluzniak & someone book "Prolog for
> Programmers".                       ^^^^^^^
The authors are Kluzniak & Szpakowicz.  Stanislaw Szpakowicz was the
instructor in my first AI class and was my first Prolog instructor.
At that time he and Kluzniak were completing the text and he gave
parts to the students as handouts.  He also introduced me to planning,
the topic of my (presently unocmpleted) Ph.D. dissertation.
I would be interested in your comments on the text as I haven't
yet read the book, but I do remember some of my impressions of the
the mimeographed handouts.

--
Richard Shelby                       rshelby@ms.uky.edu
Department of Health Services        rshelby@ukma.BITNET