[comp.lang.prolog] Differenmt syntax

fargo@pawl.rpi.edu (Irwin M. Fargo) (09/05/89)

Someone refresh my memory please.  What are the names for the following two
syntaxes (sp?) of Prolog:

goal(X) <- subgoal_a(X) & subgoal_b(X).

And:

goal(X) :- subgoal_a(X) , subgoal_b(X).

Thank you and happy hunting!             Actually: Ethan M. Young
  ____ [> SB <]    "Travel IS life"      Internet: fargo@pawl.rpi.edu
 /__   -=>??<=-       - Irwin M. Fargo   Bitnet (??): usergac0@rpitsmts.bitnet
/   ARGO : 3000 years of regression from the year 4990

fargo@pawl.rpi.edu (Irwin M. Fargo) (09/06/89)

I'd just like to post the answers I received for those who want to know as
well.

In article <7071@rpi.edu> fargo@pawl.rpi.edu (Irwin M. Fargo) writes:
>Someone refresh my memory please.  What are the names for the following two
>syntaxes (sp?) of Prolog:
>
>goal(X) <- subgoal_a(X) & subgoal_b(X).
Waterloo syntax

>goal(X) :- subgoal_a(X) , subgoal_b(X).