[comp.lang.prolog] CProlog on an IBM RT

geoff@wacsvax.OZ (Geoff Sutcliffe) (11/16/89)

I am trying to install Edinburgh Uni's C-Prolog onto an IBM RT. I've managed to compile it with some mods, but it crashes as soon as any file is consulted.
Has anyone done this before, to save me hacking on into the source? Any
help will be appreciated.

Geoff Sutcliffe

Department of Computer Science,       CSNet:  geoff@wacsvax.oz
University of Western Australia,      ARPA:   geoff%wacsvax.oz@seismo.edu.gov
Stirling Highway,                     UUCP:   ..!seismo!munnari!wacsvax!geoff
Nedlands, Western Australia, 6009.
PHONE:  (09) 380 2305                 OVERSEAS: +61 9 380 2305

ok@mudla.cs.mu.OZ.AU (Richard O'Keefe) (11/17/89)

In article <1296@wacsvax.OZ>, geoff@wacsvax.OZ (Geoff Sutcliffe) writes:
> I am trying to install Edinburgh Uni's C-Prolog onto an IBM RT.
> I've managed to compile it with some mods, but it crashes as soon
> as any file is consulted.
> Has anyone done this before, to save me hacking on into the source? Any
> help will be appreciated.

Heck, I just took the 1.5.edai version, told it what floating-point was
like on an RT, and compiled it, and it ran straight away (this was under
AIX 1.something).  Which C Prolog version are you using, and what did you
change?  When you say "it crashes", which part of it crashes and with what
symptom?