[comp.lang.prolog] papers on parallel unification

daniel@vmucnam.UUCP (Daniel Lippmann) (11/16/89)

Hello, can anyone recommand reference technical papers on the problem of
parallel unification ?
thanks for any help
--
daniel ( ...!mcvax!inria!vmucnam!daniel)
C.N.A.M Laboratoire d'Informatique     Daniel Lippmann

singhal@proxima (Ashok Singhal) (11/17/89)

In article <676@vmucnam.UUCP> daniel@vmucnam.UUCP (Daniel Lippmann) writes:

>Hello, can anyone recommand reference technical papers on the problem of
>parallel unification ?
>thanks for any help
>--
>daniel ( ...!mcvax!inria!vmucnam!daniel)
>C.N.A.M Laboratoire d'Informatique     Daniel Lippmann
>292 rue Saint-Martin 75141 Paris cedex 3     FRANCE  (FAX=42 71 93 29)

Here is a short bib database for parallel unification, both theory
and hardware papers.  Hope this helps.

Ashok (singhal@polaris.berkeley.edu)

%A J. Beer
%T Concepts, Design, and Performance Analysis of a Parallel Prolog Machine
%J PhD thesis, Technical University
%C Berlin
%K Prolog, POPE

%A C. Dwork
%A P.C. Kanellakis
%A J.C. Mitchell
%T On the Sequential Nature of Unification
%J The Journal of Logic Programming
%V 1
%P 35-50
%D June 1984
%K Unification, Complexity

%A Wayne Citrin
%T Parallel Unification Scheduling in Prolog
%J PhD thesis, University of California, Berkeley
%C Berkeley, California
%D 1988
%K SDDA, Unification

%A Chien Chen
%A Ashok Singhal
%A Yale N. Patt
%T PUP: An Architecture to Exploit Parallel Unification in Prolog
%J University of California, Berkeley, Computer Science Division Technical Report No. UCB/CSD 414
%D March 1988
%K PUP, Prolog, Unification

%A H. Yasuura
%T On Parallel Computational Complexity of Unification
%J Proceedings of the International Conference on Fifth Generation Computer Systems
%D 1984
%K Unification, complexity

%A Noriyoshi Ito
%A Hajime Shimizu
%A Masasuke Kishi
%A Eiji Kuno
%A Kazuaki Rokusawa
%T Data-flow Based Execution Mechanisms of Parallel and Concurrent Prolog
%J New Generation Computing
%V 3
%P 15-41
%I OHMSHA, LTD and Springer-Verlag
%D 1985
%K Prolog, Dataflow

%A Ashok Singhal
%A Yale N. Patt
%T A High Performance Prolog Processor with Multiple Function Units
%J Proceedings of the 16th Annual International Symposium on Computer Architecture
%P 195-202
%C Jerusalem
%D May 28 - June 1, 1989
%K PLUM

%A Ashok Singhal
%A Yale N. Patt
%T Unification Parallelism: How much can we exploit?
%J Proceeding of the North American Conference on Logic Programming
%C Cleveland
%D Oct 16-20, 1989
%K PLUM

jah@mundoe.maths.mu.OZ.AU (James Harland) (11/18/89)

In article <676@vmucnam.UUCP> daniel@vmucnam.UUCP (Daniel Lippmann) writes:

>Hello, can anyone recommand reference technical papers on the problem of
>parallel unification ?
>thanks for any help

	Another paper for your collection:

	J. Harland and J. Jaffar, "On Parallel Unification for Prolog",
	New Generation Computing 5:3:259-279, December, 1987.