[net.movies] You've got to be kidding...I hope!

mason@pneuma.DEC (ANDREA--223-4864--PK03-2/31) (06/17/85)

				...ihnp4!mtgzz!leeper

Newsgroups: net.movies
Subject: _1984_  (spoiler)

>                               _1984_
>
>                          by Kelvin Thompson
>
> _1984_ is a bad, utterly depressing, anti-humanist movie.  The producer
> of the movie has claimed that at its heart the movie is a love story, but
> in truth it is a relentless attack on the nobility of the human
> condition.

>   (It is unfathomable why the movie is entitled
> _1984_, when it is so obviously set in the future.)

PLEASE, PLEASE, tell me you are only joking with this review!!!  How 'bout
putting a smiley face before or after a review like this?  With great hope that
it *was* written with tongue firmly planted in cheek....

****andrea mason****

UUCP: decwrl!dec-rhea!dec-pneuma!mason
ARPA: mason%pneuma.DEC@decwrl.ARPA

leeper@mtgzz.UUCP (m.r.leeper) (06/25/85)

I haven't posted anything about 1984 recently (I reviewed the film at
least a couple months ago).  How come my name showed up on this
discussion of the person who didn't know about the novel?

				A confused Mark Leeper
				...ihnp4!mtgzz!leeper