[comp.lang.prolog] Parlog ???

coop@panther.cerc.wvu.wvnet.edu (02/28/90)

I have noticed several mentions of Parlog on the net, and it looked like
a parallel implementation of Prolog. Where can I get any documentation on it,
or any other parallel-oriented logic-based languages ?

Boris Pelakh				"Software - a spell one casts on a
pelakh@cerc.wvu.wvnet.edu		 computer to transform input into
coop@cerc.wvu.wvnet.edu			 errors."        -- Me

Disclaimer :    If my employer knew what I did with the time I get paid for,
		I would be out of a job. Let's keep this between us, OK ?

grd@portia.Stanford.EDU (Glendon Diener) (03/02/90)

In article <8189@hubcap.clemson.edu> coop@panther.cerc.wvu.wvnet.edu writes:
>I have noticed several mentions of Parlog on the net, and it looked like
>a parallel implementation of Prolog. Where can I get any documentation on it,
>or any other parallel-oriented logic-based languages ?
>
>Boris Pelakh				"Software - a spell one casts on a

About two years ago, Keith Clark from Imperial College
was visiting Stanford, and he taught a great course on PARLOG.
We used the following text:

Gregory, Steve. Parallel Logic Programming in PARLOG: The language
and its Implementation. Addison-Wesley, 1987.