[net.movies] A Boy and His Dog - a retraction

neal@fear.UUCP (Neal Bedard) (06/15/85)

Last week I posted an article that asserted that Jason Robards did the voice
of Blood in "A Boy and his Dog". This, of course, was a major gaffe on my
part. I submit this followup as a correction:

In article <2563@decwrl.UUCP>, boyajian@akov68.DEC writes:
> Jason Robards did not provide Blood's voice. He played the leader
> of the Downunder group. Blood's voice was done by a fellow named
> Tim McIntire.
>
> --- jayembee (Jerry Boyajian, DEC, Maynard, MA)
>
> <"Filmography is my pastime">

No harm done, I suppose, except to my credibility as a film savant, an
endeavor at which I am admittedley an amateur. However, I am not alone out
there. Someone asked me if "that was the movie where the boy eats the dog
in the end". Enginerd burnout, I suppose.

-Neal B.
--
"mynd you, m00se bytes kann be pretti nasti"
UUCP: {(ucbvax!dual!turtlevax,ihnp4!resonex,decwrl!amdcad!cae780)!weitek!neal}

mpc@rayssd.UUCP (Manny P. Costa) (06/28/85)

Yes, I too enjoyed A Boy And His Dog, and you are correct that Tim McIntire
was the voice of Blood.  Just as an interesting side note, did anyone notice
that the film's producer also played one of the characters in the film?

The producer of the film is Alvy Moore who just happened to be the doctor
who "operated" on Albert while he was downunder.

Two more (un)interesting facts:
The screenplay was written by L. Q. Jones.
The movie was based upon the "award winning novella by Harlan Ellison."

P. S. The movie came out in 1974.