[comp.lang.prolog] wanted: info about efforts to standardize prolog

litcher@starbase (Anne M. Litcher) (10/06/90)

I'd appreciate any information about efforts to develop
standards for prolog. Thanks!

- Anne Litcher -
- litcher@ai.mitre.org -

dave@quintus.UUCP (David Bowen) (10/12/90)

In article <litcher.655150801@starbase> litcher@starbase (Anne M. Litcher) writes:
>I'd appreciate any information about efforts to develop
>standards for prolog. Thanks!
>

>- Anne Litcher -
>- litcher@ai.mitre.org -

An ISO (International Standards Organization) working group
called WG17 has been working on Prolog standardization since
1987.  The participants in this working group are selected
by the national standards organizations of various countries.

In 1989, some people met at IJCAI with the aim of starting
an ANSI Prolog standardization effort, so that the U.S.
Prolog community could have an influence on the ISO work.
We now have an ANSI Technical Committe, called X3J17, of
which I am the chairman.  So far we've had two meetings; the
next is in Austin on Sunday 28th October (the day before
NACLP).

Anyone who is interested in becoming involved in the ANSI
work, please contact me.  We need more people to be involved.

David Bowen
Quintus Computer Systems, Inc.
1310 Villa St
Mountain View
CA 94041
(415) 965-7700
(415) 965-0551 (fax)
dbowen@quintus.com

kjell@saturn.ucsc.edu (Kjell Post) (10/12/90)

Has there been any proposals on redefining the grammar for Prolog
to make it parseable without having to have infinite lookahead?
--
      For athletes and programmers,  ! Kjell E. Post
a woman is the end of their career.  ! CIS/CE