[comp.lang.prolog] PROLOG implementation of planners

porchero@crcge1.cge.fr (Marc Porcheron) (10/25/90)

I am looking for a STRIPS-like planner [Fikes, Nilsson 71] using PROLOG for
both state-world and operator representation.
Does anybody have ever heard of this ??

Thanks in advance for any answer.

[Fikes, Nilsson 71] : Richard. E. Fikes,  Nils. J. Nilsson
"STRIPS, a new approach to the application of
Theorem Proving to Problem Solving".
Artificial Intelligence 2 (1971), 189-208.
"If God exists, the he is a gaseous vertebrate." A. Einstein.
Marc Porcheron, 		Laboratoires de Marcoussis,

rshelby@ms.uky.edu (Richard Shelby) (10/26/90)

In article <1990Oct25.135421.1328@crcge1.cge.fr>, porchero@crcge1.cge.fr (Marc Porcheron) writes:

> I am looking for a STRIPS-like planner [Fikes, Nilsson 71] using PROLOG for
> both state-world and operator representation.

Check Feliks Kluzniak & Stanislaw Szpakowicz, _Prolog_for_Programmers_,
Academic Press, 1984.  Chapter 8 has code for D.H.D. Warren's WARPLAN,
a STRIPS-like planner, (with discussion) on pp.215-226.

--
Richard L Shelby       Dept of Health Services       Univ of Kentucky
rshelby@ms.uky.edu  rshelby@ukma.BITNET  {rutgers,uunet}!ukma!rshelby

            You're never too old to have a happy childhood.