[comp.lang.prolog] Where is CProlog??

stergios@portia.Stanford.EDU (Stergios Marinopoulos) (10/19/90)

Can anyone tell me where I can find the source for CProlog?

thanks

sm
stergios@jessica.stanford.edu

A.J.C.Blyth@newcastle.ac.uk (A J C Blyth) (10/26/90)

In article <1990Oct18.185317.23316@portia.Stanford.EDU>,
stergios@portia.Stanford.EDU (Stergios Marinopoulos) writes:
|>Can anyone tell me where I can find the source for CProlog?
|>
|>thanks
|>
|>sm
|>stergios@jessica.stanford.edu

You can get CProlog (Pratically Free for Educational Est.) from
Edinburgh (UK).

Try mailing postmaster@edinburgh.uk.ac or postmaster@uk.ac.edinburgh

Andrew

sanjiv@hoss.unl.edu (Sanjiv K. Bhatia) (10/28/90)

In article <1990Oct26.085433.1973@newcastle.ac.uk> A.J.C.Blyth@newcastle.ac.uk (A J C Blyth) writes:

>You can get CProlog (Pratically Free for Educational Est.) from
>Edinburgh (UK).

No, you have to pay like $250.00 for C-Prolog from Edinburgh.

--
Sanjiv K. Bhatia				Department of Computer Science
sanjiv@fergvax.unl.edu				Ferguson Hall 115

gt0972d@prism.gatech.EDU (GUNASEELAN,L) (11/01/90)

In article <1990Oct27.215928.10441@hoss.unl.edu> sanjiv@hoss.unl.edu (Sanjiv K. Bhatia) writes:
>>You can get CProlog (Pratically Free for Educational Est.) from
>>Edinburgh (UK).
>No, you have to pay like $250.00 for C-Prolog from Edinburgh.

By the way, is C-Prolog implementation based on WAM?

>Sanjiv K. Bhatia				Department of Computer Science

-Gunaseelan
--
GUNASEELAN, L
College of Computing, Georgia Institute of Technology, Atlanta GA 30332

In article <16150@hydra.gatech.EDU>, gt0972d@prism.gatech.EDU (GUNASEELAN,L) writes:
> By the way, is C-Prolog implementation based on WAM?

C Prolog is a Prolog *interpreter* written in C.
It's based on EMAS Prolog, which was a Prolog interpreter written in
IMP (if you liked Atlas Autocode, you might have liked IMP).
The "register" names in the C Prolog sources are based on the
register names used in David Warren's PhD thesis about DEC-10 Prolog.
C Prolog is a structure-sharing system (like DEC-10 Prolog),
not a structure-copying system.
The point of C Prolog was to get a reasonably full implementation of
Prolog for a VAX/UNIX system in a hurry.  It does no indexing, no TRO,
no garbage collection, no stack shifting, no compilation.
The WAM model was invented several years after C Prolog was shipped.
--
The problem about real life is that moving one's knight to QB3
may always be replied to with a lob across the net.  --Alasdair Macintyre.