[comp.lang.prolog] Constraint Logic Programming

dhemm@wright.EDU (David Hemmendinger) (07/05/88)

	Are there any implementations of constraint logic programming
-- experimental or otherwise -- that are available for academic use
and that run on a Sun/3 or on a Vax running Ultrix?
--
David Hemmendinger  CSNET: dhemm@CS.wright.EDU  UUCP: ...!cbosgd!wright!dhemm
Computer Science Dept., Wright State University, Dayton, Ohio 45435

callahan@mimsy.umd.edu (Jack Callahan) (07/13/90)

Are there any public domain CLP languages available?  Even a Prolog
preprocessing package would help.  Please respond through this group
so others may share the wealth.  Thanks.

-- jack

--
Jack Callahan - callahan@brillig.umd.edu
Computer Science Department

chandra@cs.tamu.edu (Chandrasekaran Periannan) (07/13/90)

In article <25484@mimsy.umd.edu> callahan@mimsy.umd.edu (Jack Callahan) writes:
>Are there any public domain CLP languages available?  Even a Prolog
>preprocessing package would help.  Please respond through this group
>so others may share the wealth.  Thanks.
>
>-- jack
>
>--
>Jack Callahan - callahan@brillig.umd.edu
>Computer Science Department
>University of Maryland, College Park
><insert a cute and witty disclaimer here>

	Yes, you can obtain a free copy of the CLP(R) compiler
by mailing a request to

	joxan@ibm.com

He will send you a diskette containing the compressed files
containing the source, examples and makefiles.

	The makefile allows for inserting the appropariate
flags for various operating systems and machines.

(including Sun OS Unix, IBM RT etc.,).

Hope it helps....

chandra.
chandra@photon.tamu.edu
chandra@sparc45.tamu.edu

spiro@a.gp.cs.cmu.edu (Spiro Michaylov) (07/13/90)

In article <6533@helios.TAMU.EDU>, chandra@cs.tamu.edu (Chandrasekaran Periannan) writes:
> In article <25484@mimsy.umd.edu> callahan@mimsy.umd.edu (Jack Callahan) writes:
> >Are there any public domain CLP languages available?  Even a Prolog
> >preprocessing package would help.  Please respond through this group
> >so others may share the wealth.  Thanks.

[stuff deleted]
> 	Yes, you can obtain a free copy of the CLP(R) compiler
> by mailing a request to
> 	joxan@ibm.com
> He will send you a diskette containing the compressed files
> containing the source, examples and makefiles.
> 	The makefile allows for inserting the appropariate
> flags for various operating systems and machines.

[more deleted]

The reply is incorrect on one significant point: the IBM system is NOT in the
public domain. However, it is free for non-commercial use, hence for
university folks there's probably no difference. One implicitly assents to the
included license agreement by using the software. I'm sure Joxan will be happy
to send you a copy of the agreement in advance if you want to make sure it's
OK.

Spiro Michaylov.
CMU Computer Science.

.

naren@cs.UAlberta.CA (Narendra Ravi) (12/03/90)

Hi,

Does anyone know if V. Saraswat's thesis

  Concurrent Constraint Logic Programming

at CMU, to be published by MIT Press, has already been published?

If it has been published, please Email or Post the details.

Naren.
* Narendra Ravi                  * 615, General Services Building,    *
* Email : naren@cs.ualberta.ca   * Department of Computing Science    *
*       : naren@alberta.UUCP     * University of Alberta              *
* Tel   : (403) 492-3520 (Off)   * Edmonton, Alberta, CANADA T6G 2H1  *