[comp.lang.prolog] PD Concurrent and Parallel Prologs wanted

sdl@lyra.mitre.org (Steven D. Litvinchouk) (02/06/91)

I am interested in finding out what PD, freely redistributable, or
shareware implementations exist for Concurrent Prolog, Parlog, or
other concurrent/parallel extensions to Prolog.

The host platform I am most interested in is the Sun SparcStation.

Please reply directly to me as I am not a regular subscriber to this
newsgroup.  Thanx in advance!

--
Steven Litvintchouk
MITRE Corporation

mmh@cs.qmw.ac.uk (Matthew Huntbach) (02/06/91)

In article <SDL.91Feb5160135@lyra.mitre.org> sdl@lyra.mitre.org (Steven D. Litvinchouk) writes:

>I am interested in finding out what PD, freely redistributable, or
>shareware implementations exist for Concurrent Prolog, Parlog, or
>other concurrent/parallel extensions to Prolog.

Neither Concurrent Prolog nor Parlog can really be described as
"concurrent/parallel extensions to Prolog". The fact that they
have neither backtracking nor full unification make them rather
distant relatives to Prolog. They are powerful languages in
their own right, due to their natural handling of concurrency,
but in my experience trying to think of them in Prolog terms is
more a hindrance then a help, since it emphasises their
restrictions but not their power.

Matthew Huntbach