[comp.lang.prolog] Free prolog

brukman@starlite.telesci.UUCP (David Brukman (dbm)) (05/03/90)

Does there exist a free implementation of Prolog?
Pointers would be greatly appreciated.
--
	Jame Tolissen for President!	David Brukman
EMail:	brukman@telesci.uucp (...!princeton!telesci!brukman)

lyda@acsu.Buffalo.EDU (louis k lyda) (05/04/90)

how to get pdprolog from wuarchive.wustl.edu....
& ==> pseudo system prompt....

& ftp wuarchive.wustl.edu
& %%ftp identification stuff ending with:
ftp> login (wuarchive.wustl.edu:<your username>):
       login as "anonymous" with password <username>
ftp> binary
ftp> cd mirrors/msdos/prolog

then do a directory and "get" the files you want. then you'll need to download
them from your account to your pc. i'm putting this up for those of you who
haven't downloaded before (why not? someone else did it for me!)

one annoying feature of this system is that it doesn't have "consult(user)."
like the quintus system i'm used to.... is this a non-standard feature of
quintus prolog or is the public domain prolog just skimping?

kevin lyda@acsu.buffalo.edu

warren@eecs.cs.pdx.edu (Warren Harrison) (05/05/90)

In article <24266@eerie.acsu.Buffalo.EDU> lyda@acsu.Buffalo.EDU (louis k lyda) writes:

>one annoying feature of this system is that it doesn't have "consult(user)."
>like the quintus system i'm used to.... is this a non-standard feature of
>quintus prolog or is the public domain prolog just skimping?

pdprolog is just skimping, but for good reason. the guy who wrote it is
trying to get you to buy the progressively more powerful and more expensive
versions he sells. The "upgraded" versions support virtual memory and lots
of other neat things (but they still *are* reasonably priced). I don't know
if the version you're ftp'ing has the marketing hype included, but the one
I got from the local BBS has all the info.

Warren

Warren Harrison                                          warren@cs.pdx.edu
Department of Computer Science                                503/725-3108
Portland State University

cerbone@curie.orst.EDU (cerbone giuseppe) (11/27/90)

Hello everyone,

Are there any free Prolog(s) that I can get for my workstation (ftp or other)?

I have a NeXT computer and would be willing to do the eventual port of any
Prolog (if feasible) to my specific machine.

Info are greatly appreciated.

-- Giuseppe

Giuseppe CERBONE (Ph.D.Cnd)     | Internet: cerbone@cs.orst.edu
OREGON STATE UNIVERSITY         | CSNET : cerbone%cs.orst.edu@relay.cs.net
Computer Science Department     | UUCP  : {hp-pcd, tektronix}!orstcs!cerbone
Corvallis, OR 97331 (USA)       | ------------------------------------------
Phone (503) 737 - 5568 (office) ; (503) 753 - 7720 (home)

keh@ukc.ac.uk (K.El-Hadad) (03/25/91)

Free Prologs for the IBM PC are available by anonymous ftp from:

  aisun1.ai.uga.edu      (later to be known as   ai.uga.edu)

We have the Expert Systems Ltd. Public Domain Prolog (which is quite
up-to-date and good) and the A.D.A. Public Domain Prolog (older,
slower).

Feel free to link up and have a look around...

...and try again in a month or two; there will be a lot more files.
--

Hi,

	Could any one out their send me the email of the Expert system Ltd. (uk)

	                               Thanks.

Kamel El-Hadad
keh@uk.ac.ukc

keh@ukc.ac.uk (K.El-Hadad) (03/25/91)

>Free Prologs for the IBM PC are available by anonymous ftp from:

>  aisun1.ai.uga.edu      (later to be known as   ai.uga.edu)

>We have the Expert Systems Ltd. Public Domain Prolog (which is quite
>up-to-date and good) and the A.D.A. Public Domain Prolog (older,
>slower).

Hi,

	Could any body out there send me the email of the Expert system Ltd.

		Thanks.

Kamel El-Hadad
The Computing Lab
The University of Kent